Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Unforgettable Summer


The summertime is the most anticipated, exciting and amazing time of the entire year. I adore the summer for several reasons. First, there is no school and, therefore, the responsibilities connected to the academic life can be entirely forgotten for two and a half months. This automatically gives me the freedom to enjoy only those activities that I like and, though only for a while, become a ruler of my own destiny. The second explanation of my love towards this particular time of the year is derived from the fact that the weather is so wonderful and sunny that it makes me truly happy and fills me up with energy. I feel excited and start doing various interesting things such as traveling, practicing sports, and hanging out with friends. The last reason why summer is my favorite part of the year is that it changes everything and everyone around. Not only nature reaches its peak of beauty but all the people are somehow more cheerful and jovial. This can be especially well noticed in Bulgaria because there is an enormous difference in people’s attitude and outlook during the winter and the summer. This makes me think that the summer possesses some special power that transforms everything within its touch. Sometimes I wish the sunny days outnumbered the rainy and cold ones so that everyone was happier and brighter…
My summer vacation was filled with an infinite number of positive emotions and unforgettable moments. However, there is one certain point of my summer journey that has left an irreplaceable print in my memory and heart: my family holiday in Antalya, Turkey. This was the most exciting event of the summer because it transported me from the world of reality into a world that resembled those places described in the Arabian fairytales. Even though Antalya is only 1 hour and 45 minutes away from Bulgaria by air, to me it seemed I was thousands of miles away. The experience I’ve gained there does not end up with the blue sea, the incredible service and the delicious food but goes far beyond it. The hotel resembled an exposition hall and the guests were like its exhibits. This is explained by the fact that there were a lot of representatives from different countries and cultures from all over the world. I was happy to be a spectator of this parade of nationalities and I was proud to be a participant in it and also represent my own small but beautiful country.
Antalya is like a cocktail which contains absolutely contrary components: the Turkish traditions and the latest innovations, the European scent and the oriental flavor, the luxurious resorts and the poor houses near the town… However, no matter how opposing the components are, they blend into a perfect mix which taste you can never forget…
I wish this summer holiday did not have to end because it was one of those moments in life that you want to last forever. However, every end is followed by a new beginning and I know that next summer will be even more exciting and unforgettable than this one!

3 comments:

  1. Antalya is a wonderful place and I strongly recommend visiting it. Here is a website where you can see more pictures of Antalya or find other information about it that interests you:
    http://www.visit-antalya.com/antalya-pictures.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plamy, I really like the positive essay you have written. I think you have done a wonderful job describing why summer is a miraculous season. Moreover, you have expressed the emotions connected with this time of the year in such a way that every person can recall his or her own summer vacation; they are specific to each individual, but common to most people as well. I really like your comparison of Antalya with a cocktail because it really explains your idea of blending and diversity. Your essay is really sunny and positive, I wish you to have such an unforgettable experience next summer as well :)

    ReplyDelete